Millions of data are generated and stored in a database every single day. This makes it essential to manage databases for apps and software as an integral part of web development and administration. As the era of web development has evolved over the years throughout the world, so have the techniques to manage the database. Furthermore, it has given rise to the popularity of Offshore Web Development Services in India. These services allow the businessman to delegate web development to an offshore database administrator and save both money as well as time.
Nowadays, advanced database techniques have taken over the web development world to manage (fetch, store, update, and optimize) data in the database. Plus, these advanced database features ensure your applications run fast and enhance their performance, reliability, and security. Read on to know about advanced database techniques for web development.
List Of Advanced Database Technologies
Let’s read about some of the advanced database technologies for web development.
Database Optimization Techniques
Well-optimized database plays a vital role in the overall performance of web-based applications. Here, advanced database optimization techniques come into the picture which includes
- Indexing: Adding an index to the column of tables (Indexing) will help you to search easily, reduces response time & resource usage, and improves query performance.
- Denormalization: Adding redundant data to one or more tables helps to improve the query response and optimize the read performance of a database.
- Caching: Database caching is a technique where multiple copies of frequently-queried data are stored in the cache (temporary location) to retrieve them promptly.
- Partitioning: Dividing the large tables into smaller ones helps the query process fewer data and run queries faster.
Database Security Features
Database security or database auditing is a critical part of web development. So, it’s better to employ a web application development company and let the professionals handle such an integral part of your software development. Let’s have a look at the database security features
- Authentication: It is a process of identifying whether the user who tries to log in to the database is allowed to do so.
- Authorization: It is a process where the data administrator determines whether the access given to users is right or not.
- Encryption: Data encryption is a process where data is encrypted and can be decoded by a user who has the encryption key or authority to do so.
Query optimization improves the performance of the overall database system and provides users with faster results.
- Use EXPLAIN Keyword: Using EXPLAIN with SELECT, DELETE, REPLACE, INSERT, and UPDATE statements give you information about the query execution plan (steps involved in executing the statement).
- Use Subqueries: Nesting query inside another query helps for complex queries that require data from several tables. Also, it saves you time to write separate queries to retrieve or process data from multiple tables.
- Use Joins: Using joins to retrieve data from multiple tables at a time. They are comparatively faster than the subqueries and provide faster data retrieval.
Complex Data Structures
Complex data structures can store and manipulate multiple data in a single variable, which improves the efficiency to manage a large amount of data.
- Use JSON File Format: It is used to store and transfer human-generated temporary data objects containing value pair attributes and arrays.
- Use XML File Format: It is used to store and transport data between web applications and databases in machine-readable format. XML is more secure than JSON.
- Object-Relational Mapping: ORM is a programming technique to convert data from relational databases and object-oriented languages. It helps the developers of a web development agency to write less code which reduces your cost to hire website development services.
Big Data Analytical Techniques
Big data technologies are used to manage all types of datasets in large volumes. It automates some of the tasks and faster the web development process which reduces the cost and provides the best ever personalized user experience.
- Data Mining: It is a process of fetching and discovering patterns and relationships in large data sets using statistical and machine learning techniques. Data mining techniques can be used for tasks such as association rule mining, clustering, and classification.
- Data Visualization: It is a process of creating visual representations of data like charts, graphs, and maps to help users better understand and interpret large data sets.
- Natural Language Processing: NLP is a branch of AI that focuses on the interactions between computers and humans through natural language. It enables computers to understand, generate, and manipulate human language and can be used for sentiment analysis, language translation, and text classification.
Advanced database techniques should bean integral part of web development. These database techniques help developers to efficiently store and manipulate large amounts of data. Furthermore, it increases application performance and provides personalized experiences for database users. As technology continues to evolve, it is important to stay up-to-date with the latest database techniques. Here, it makes complete sense to hire a web application development company and implement them straight away in order to deliver robust, scalable, and efficient web applications.